The Ultralight Adaptable Night Vision Monocular. The Nocturn Industries Tanto can transform into a dedicated binocular night vision device with their Daisho bridge. Please visit this link for information on the Daisho.
The Nocturn Industries UANVM “Tanto” monocular is the cornerstone in their adaptable series of night vision devices. This unit mounts via a standard PVS-14 J-arm mount. A unique feature of this monocular is its ability to be adapted to a proprietary powered articulating dual bridge mount called the TAB (Tanto Articulating Bridge) “Daisho” with minimal tools or extra parts. The innovative design allows users to transform their monoculars into an articulating binocular in seconds or go from a binocular back to a monocular to share with a partner. To transform into the binocular, simply remove the battery cap and battery, insert the bridge into the battery compartment, and tighten the rear clamp screws on the bridge, done. The bridge enables the use of a single battery for both tubes, has built in IP stops similar to the UANVB “Katana”, and other features when released.
It is simple with a minimalist lightweight design. Push button on/off in the cap to reduce weight and reduce the footprint of the monocular. When assembled to the TAB “Daisho” bridge extra features are enabled such as articulation to the side for single or dual eye use. The articulating design also enables users to operate vehicles without limiting head space by eliminating the need to stow the unit upright or to tuck the pods against the helmet when stowed.
This unit is light weight without compromising strength. It is rugged and has been drop from the NATO 1.5 meter drop test standard onto concrete, as well as meets and exceeds MIL-STD-810G.
- These are 1400+ Minimum FOM auto-gated auto-gain white phosphor intensifiers in 10160 format. This means the manual gain function on the PVS-14 body is non functioning as there is no manual gain controller on the intensifier tube. NNVT are a value minded option offering a functional capability at a modest price point. In a comparative sense these are similar to Photonis tubes in maintaining great resolution across light levels.
- Industry leading auto-gating technology yields superior resolution across light levels.
- These tend to be more resilient to light exposure as a result of their superior auto-gating.
- 1800+ FOM minimum
Elbit Gen 3
- FOM is typically 1800-2400+ for our commercial white phosphor option. Sometimes even much higher than this too.
- We do our best to hold these to Mil-Spec spot specification minimum with many exceeding Aviator spot specification.
L3 Gen 3 Unfilmed
- Unfilmed (2300+ FOM Common)
- Exceeds spot specification minimum
- We sort and batch our tubes to ensure all have as clean screen cosmetics and high specifications as possible. Each exceeding the minimum standards for its type.
- L3 Unfilmed High FOM option. These tubes are hand selected from our available Mil-Spec and Aviator tubes to achieve the highest specification possible with as clean screen cosmetics as possible (2400-2800+ Common).
Tube type: 18mm MX-10160 style or MX11769 style with EGAC pigtail removed.
Submersion and Dust Rating: IP68 equivalent
Housing Weight: 1.83 oz. / 0.11 lbs / 52g
Device Weight Standard: 8.15 oz. / 0.51 lbs / 231g ( Mil-Spec PVS-14 lenses and Photonis Image Intensifiers)
Device Weight Lightweight: 7.20 oz. / 0.44 lbs / 204g ( RPO 3.0 PVS-14 lenses and Photonis Image Intensifiers)
Power: CR123 onboard
Runtime: 40+ hours
Mount style: PVS-14 J-arm style mount